Kailash Mansarovar Helicopter Yatra with Muktinath Darshan Ex Lucknow
Kailash Mansarovar Helicopter Yatra with Muktinath Darshan
Day 01: Pickup from Lucknow. Nepalgunj arrival
Pick from Lucknow. Arrival at Nepalgunj. Transfer to Hotel in Nepalgunj OR drive to Surkhet (2hrs) and stay at Surkhet based on situation.
Meal: Dinner at Nepalgunj Hotel | Hotel: Hotel Batika or similar
Day 02: Fly Nepalgunj – Simikot (2900m) & Heli to Hilsa (3700m) & Drive to Taklakot (3900m) – Overnight in Taklakot
Early Morning – Flight Nepalgunj to Simikot (1hr). Rest for few hours at Simikot.
Morning – Take Helicopter to Hilsa (20min – 12kg weight limit) & wait for other members to arrive at Hilsa (since it is a group visa and everyone have to enter Tibet side in one group)
Afternoon – From Hilsa drive to Purang border to Taklakot and stay at Hotel. We will stay overnight at Simikot or Taklakot depending upon the weather & other situations. (On the way we have to pass upto 3 Checkpoints where checking might take upto 1 hr in each post)
Meal: Breakfast at Nepalgunj / Simikot, Lunch at Hilsa, Dinner at Taklakot | Hotel: New Purang Hotel
Day 03: At Taklakot (3900m) – Rest Day – Overnight in Taklakot
All Day – Entire day free for Acclimatization
Meal: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner | Hotel: New Purang Hotel
Day 04: Drive to Manasarovar Lake (4550m) – Overnight in Mansarovar
After Breakfast – Drive towards Mansarovar Lake (95 km). On the way you will have to pass the first checkpoint. Then after driving for 70 kms from Taklakot we will reach Rakshas Tal. On the right of Rakshas Tal you will see Gurla Mandhata Parvat & first view of Mount Kailash and Mansarovar lake. Drive from Rakshas Tal to Manasarovar Lake (25 km).
Start Parikrama of Manasarovar Lake (90 km – 3hr by bus). Take holy dip & perform Puja.
Meal: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner | Hotel: Mansarovar Lake Side Mud House
Day 05: 1st Day of Parikrama – Drive to Darchen (4650m) & Yama Dwar & Trek to Dirapuk (4880m) – Overnight in Dirapuk
After Breakfast – Drive to Darchen (35 km – 1 hr) and Yama Dwar (8 km) – the starting point for Kora. We will trek to Dirapuk for 14 km. You will visit the North face of Mt. Kailash and touching the feet of Mt. Kailash (Charan Sparsha). Travelers who do not want to trek around (Parikrama) Mt. Kailash can go back to Darchen wait for rest of the group to arrive from Parikrama.
Meal: Breakfast at Mansarovar, Lunch & Dinner on the way during Parikrama
Hotel: Mud house on the way during Parikrama or Dormitory Guest House – Kailash at Darchen
NOTE: If you are not doing Parikrama, then you will still be waiting at Darchen (4650m)
Day 06: 2nd Day of Parikrama – On to Zuthulpuk (4670m) via Trek to Dolma La Pass (5700m) – Overnight in Zuthulpuk
After Breakfast – Trek from Dirapuk to Dolma La Pass (8 km). About 3 kms before reaching Dolma La Pass is steep hill and quite difficult to walk. Also descending from Dolma La Pass is the same for upto 3 km. While descending you can see Gaurikund on the right. After walking for about 2 – 3 hrs we will reach Phedi. After some rest we will start trek to Zuthulpuk (12 km trek for 6 hours).
Meal: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner | Hotel: Stay at the Mud House (Zutulpuk)
NOTE: If you are not doing Parikrama, then you will still be waiting at Darchen
Day 07: 3rd Day of Parikrama – Trek to Darchen – Drive to Hilsa via Taklakot – Overnight in Hilsa / Simikot
After Breakfast – After short easy Trek (8 km – 3 hrs), we will reach our bus pick up point. Then drive to Darchen (3 kms) and merge with other members who were waiting. From there drive to Hilsa (also we will take helicopter to Simikot based on situation)
Meal: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner | Hotel: Mansarovar Guest House at Simikot or similar
Day 08: Fly to Nepalgunj – Transfer to Kathmandu.
Fly to Simikot. Fly from Simikot to Nepalgunj / Surkhet and proceed to Kathmandu. Airport pickup and transfer to your Hotel. Welcome drink and Check-In.
Meal: Breakfast at Simikot
Day 09: Kathmandu Sightseeing (Half Day) and Drive to Pokhara (En-route Manakamana Cable Car) – Overnight in Pokhara
After Breakfast – Visit Pashupatinath Temple.
10:00AM – Visit to Swayambhunath Stupa (spend 1 hr)
11:00AM – Drive to Pokhara (200 km – 6 hrs). En-route you can visit Manakamana Temple through Cable Car – Extra Cost of Cable Car ticket is INR 500 per person paid directly at the station. This ride gives breathtaking views of Hills, Mountains, forests, little farming villages and the ride through the clouds.
Optional: Everest Mountain Flight at 06:30AM – INR 9000 per person including airport transfer
Day 10: Fly to Jomsom (2700 m) & drive to Muktinath Temple (3800 m) – Overnight in Jomsom
Early Morning – Transfer to Airport & fly to Jomsom – 25 minutes.
Arrival at Jomsom Airport and walk to hotel – 5 minutes from Airport
– After short break – walk to jeep stand (10-15mins) and drive to Muktinath (20 kms – 2-3 hrs). On the way you can enjoy see the scenery of nature beauty places, George of Gandaki river, Monastery & Kagbeni.
– Arrival at Ranipauwa (3710 m) and walk to Muktinath temple (40 min) where you will have holy bath on 108 waterspouts name of “Muktidhara” and in front of temple there is 2 kunda known as Muktikunda. After darshan, walk to Jwalamai Temple – continuously burning flame and walk back to Ranipauwa.
Drive back to Jomsom by Jeep (2-3 hrs) and walk back to hotel.
Day 11: Fly back to Pokhara & Pokhara Sightseeing (Full day) – Overnight in Pokhara
Early Morning: Transfer to Jomsom Airport for flight to Pokhara.
After short break – we will go for Pokhara sightseeing where you will visit following:
Bindhyabasini Temple, Davis Fall, Seti River Gorge, Gupteshwor Cave, Barahi Temple, Fewa Lake
Day 12: Drive back to Kathmandu Airport - Departure
Early Morning: Drive to Sarangkot – hill station from where you will see the Mt Fishtail, Mt Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, Mt Annapurna and other mountain ranges.
After Breakfast – Drive to Kathmandu Airport . Take your flight for your onward journey.
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner in Kailash Yatra. Breakfast & Dinner in Muktinath Yatra.
- 2 nights Hotel (Twin sharing) in Kathmandu with vegetarian meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner).
- One night hotel in Nepalgunj with vegetarian meals (twin sharing) at 3 Star Hotel
- 3 nights at Taklakot with all meals.
- Pick up & drop transfers in Kathmandu..
- One half-day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu..
- Necessary arrival / departure transfers in Nepalgunj (very normal vehicle available here)..
- Kathmandu – Nepalgunj – Kathmandu air ticket (fixed wing – Yeti Air OR Buddha Air)..
- Nepalgunj – Simikot – Nepalgunj air ticket (Fixed wing – Twin Otter aircraft OR Dronier)..
- Simikot – Hilsa – Simikot by Helicopter (only 4 to 6 persons can be carried at a time)..
- Domestic airport taxes (all sectors)..
- Tibet group visa and travel/trekking permits..
- Guesthouse in Tibet (for the entire journey) – except in Taklakot all places have dormitory Guesthouse with Tibetan common toilet..
- All Indian vegetarian meals in Tibet (breakfast, lunch & dinner) while on the tour..
- Transportation in Tibet by Private luxury a/c coach..
- Tour around Lake Manasarovar on vehicle..
- English speaking Tibetan guide..
- One tour Manager from Kathmandu to Kathmandu..
- Necessary supporting crew (Cook, Sherpas, tour Manager from Nepal)..
- All necessary Kitchen & camping equipments..
- Yaks & Yak men during the Parikrama to carry foods and baggage..
- Oxygen for emergency use..
- Medical kit bag / First Aid kit.
- Humla region restricted area permit & royalties..
- Porter cost in Hilsa (while going and coming back)..
- All applicable taxes & service charges..
- Special welcome on arrival at the International airport in Kathmandu or Domestic airport in Lokhnow or Railway station
- 1 briefing session in Kathmandu or Nepalgunj.
- 1 night accommodation in Locknow, India at 3 or 4 star equivalent hotel on a twin share basis with all meals (pure vegetarian).
- 2 nights stay at hotel Siddhartha or similar in Nepalgunj on a twin share basis with all meals.
- 1 night stay at best available guesthouse at Simikot on a twin share basis with all meals.
- 5 nights accommodation in Tibet using guesthouse/ camp with all meals.
- Fully trained Sherpa team, 3 times a day meal, mineral and boiled water for drink.
- Oxygen cylinder and oxygen pillow as per the requirements.
- Tibet Visa and Permit Fee.
- Yak and Yakmen to carry equipments and food materials during Parikrama.
- Ground transfers in Tibet using Toyota Land cruisers/ deluxe coach as per the availability.
- Services of an English-speaking guide in Tibet.
- Required trekking & kitchen equipments.
- Oxygen cylinders & First Aid Kit.
- Free use of warm Down-Jacket and Sleeping bag.
- Backpack and duffel bag for free.
- 1 half-day Kathmandu sightseeing covering Pashupatinath temple and Boudhanath stupa.
- Necessary Border charges.
- Locknow/ Nepalgunj/ Locknow by coach as per the group size or Kathmandu/ Nepalgunj/ Kathmandu by flight.
- Nepalgunj/ Simikot/Nepalgunj by flight and Simikot/ Hilsa/ Simikot by chartered Helicopter flight.
- Yatra completion Certificate.
- Simikot Permit fee.
- Necessary Assistance.
Please feel free to give us a missed call at +91 011 39588339 for any assistance.
Pilgrimage to Mount Kailash
Mount Kailash represents the holiest pilgrimage site for not just Hindus but also Buddhists, Jains and Bon religions. In Hindu religious texts, the mountain has been described as the abode of Lord Shiva. Therefore, Mount Kailash is the ultimate destination for pilgrims but the harsh climate and the forbidding terrain also makes it the least visited pilgrimage center in the world.
Mount Kailash is located at an elevation of 6,6390 metres in the Tibet Autonomous Region of China. It is a part of the Trans Himalayan range and lies near the source of many rivers such as Indus, Sutlej, Brahmaputra and Karnali. The route of mount kailash yatra passes through the Lipu Lekh pass in Uttarakhand and is considered to be the toughest in Asia. Recently, a new route through the Nathu La pass in Sikkim has also been opened by the Governments of India and China.
How to make the journey?
The Ministry of External Affairs organizes Kailash Mansarovar Yatra every year. The yatra is open for people aged between 18 and 70. People wanting to undertake the yatra need to get themselves registered with the MEA. The pilgrims are selected on the basis of a selection process conducted by the Ministry. Visas are issued by the Chinese Government since Kailash is located in the Chinese territory. Medical checkup is a must before being allowed to proceed on the yatra because the harsh climate and the terrain can prove detrimental or even fatal for medically unfit people. Medical examination is conducted by MEA in Delhi. Apart from MEA, pilgrims can also book a tour through private tour operators in Nepal offering kailash mansarovar yatra package. The yatra can be made on foot, in land cruisers, luxury AC buses and helicopters. The duration of the tour can be between 10 and 30 days.
Purpose of the yatra
The primary purpose of undertaking the yatra is to circumambulate Mount Kailash. This is called parikrama which is done by walking around the mountain in either clockwise or anti-clockwise direction. The journey around the mountain usually takes 3 days. Ponies or yaks are also available for people who cannot do it on foot. Taking a dip in the Mansarovar Lake at the foot of Mount Kailash is another important purpose of the yatra.