Kailash Mansarovar Yatra Ex Delhi
Day 1: Delhi Arrival
Day 2: Delhi -Nepalgunj
Day 3:Fly to Simkot
Day 4: Fly to Hilsa
Day 5: Drive to Mansarovar Lake
Day 6: Visit Asthapad, Nandi parvat & Trek to Dirapuk
Day 7: On to Zuthulphuk with Trek to Dolma La Pass
Day 8: Drive to Taklakot
Day 9:Drive to Hilsa & Fly back to Nepalgunj.
Day 10: Transfer to Lucknow
- Hotel Vaishali /Similar
- Hotel Gangjong /Similar
- Guest House /Similar
- Indica/Indigo for upto four persons
- Travera for upto eight persons
- Innova for upto seven persons
- Tempo Traveller for more than eight persons
Breakfast,Lunch and Dinner
- 2 nights Hotel (Twin sharing) in Kathmandu with vegetarian meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner).
- One night hotel in Nepalgunj with vegetarian meals (twin sharing) at 3 Star Hotel
- 3 nights at Taklakot with all meals.
- Pick up & drop transfers in Kathmandu..
- One half-day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu..
- Necessary arrival / departure transfers in Nepalgunj (very normal vehicle available here)..
- Kathmandu – Nepalgunj – Kathmandu air ticket (fixed wing – Yeti Air OR Buddha Air)..
- Nepalgunj – Simikot – Nepalgunj air ticket (Fixed wing – Twin Otter aircraft OR Dronier)..
- Simikot – Hilsa – Simikot by Helicopter (only 4 to 6 persons can be carried at a time)..
- Domestic airport taxes (all sectors)..
- Tibet group visa and travel/trekking permits..
- Guesthouse in Tibet (for the entire journey) – except in Taklakot all places have dormitory Guesthouse with Tibetan common toilet..
- All Indian vegetarian meals in Tibet (breakfast, lunch & dinner) while on the tour..
- Transportation in Tibet by Private luxury a/c coach..
- Tour around Lake Manasarovar on vehicle..
- English speaking Tibetan guide..
- One tour Manager from Kathmandu to Kathmandu..
- Necessary supporting crew (Cook, Sherpas, tour Manager from Nepal)..
- All necessary Kitchen & camping equipments..
- Yaks & Yak men during the Parikrama to carry foods and baggage..
- Oxygen for emergency use..
- Medical kit bag / First Aid kit.
- Humla region restricted area permit & royalties..
- Porter cost in Hilsa (while going and coming back)..
- All applicable taxes & service charges..
- Special welcome on arrival at the International airport in Kathmandu or Domestic airport in Lokhnow or Railway station
- 1 briefing session in Kathmandu or Nepalgunj.
- 1 night accommodation in Locknow, India at 3 or 4 star equivalent hotel on a twin share basis with all meals (pure vegetarian).
- 2 nights stay at hotel Siddhartha or similar in Nepalgunj on a twin share basis with all meals.
- 1 night stay at best available guesthouse at Simikot on a twin share basis with all meals.
- 5 nights accommodation in Tibet using guesthouse/ camp with all meals.
- Fully trained Sherpa team, 3 times a day meal, mineral and boiled water for drink.
- Oxygen cylinder and oxygen pillow as per the requirements.
- Tibet Visa and Permit Fee.
- Yak and Yakmen to carry equipments and food materials during Parikrama.
- Ground transfers in Tibet using Toyota Land cruisers/ deluxe coach as per the availability.
- Services of an English-speaking guide in Tibet.
- Required trekking & kitchen equipments.
- Oxygen cylinders & First Aid Kit.
- Free use of warm Down-Jacket and Sleeping bag.
- Backpack and duffel bag for free.
- 1 half-day Kathmandu sightseeing covering Pashupatinath temple and Boudhanath stupa.
- Necessary Border charges.
- Locknow/ Nepalgunj/ Locknow by coach as per the group size or Kathmandu/ Nepalgunj/ Kathmandu by flight.
- Nepalgunj/ Simikot/Nepalgunj by flight and Simikot/ Hilsa/ Simikot by chartered Helicopter flight.
- Yatra completion Certificate.
- Simikot Permit fee.
- Necessary Assistance
- Local Pujari Arrangement,
- Professional handling and local assistance
- Payment collection, and
- Government taxes
Please feel free to give us a missed call at +91 011 39588339 for any assistance.
Pilgrimage to Mount Kailash
Mount Kailash represents the holiest pilgrimage site for not just Hindus but also Buddhists, Jains and Bon religions. In Hindu religious texts, the mountain has been described as the abode of Lord Shiva. Therefore, Mount Kailash is the ultimate destination for pilgrims but the harsh climate and the forbidding terrain also makes it the least visited pilgrimage center in the world.
Mount Kailash is located at an elevation of 6,6390 metres in the Tibet Autonomous Region of China. It is a part of the Trans Himalayan range and lies near the source of many rivers such as Indus, Sutlej, Brahmaputra and Karnali. The route of mount kailash yatra passes through the Lipu Lekh pass in Uttarakhand and is considered to be the toughest in Asia. Recently, a new route through the Nathu La pass in Sikkim has also been opened by the Governments of India and China.
How to make the journey?
The Ministry of External Affairs organizes Kailash Mansarovar Yatra every year. The yatra is open for people aged between 18 and 70. People wanting to undertake the yatra need to get themselves registered with the MEA. The pilgrims are selected on the basis of a selection process conducted by the Ministry. Visas are issued by the Chinese Government since Kailash is located in the Chinese territory. Medical checkup is a must before being allowed to proceed on the yatra because the harsh climate and the terrain can prove detrimental or even fatal for medically unfit people. Medical examination is conducted by MEA in Delhi. Apart from MEA, pilgrims can also book a tour through private tour operators in Nepal offering kailash mansarovar yatra package. The yatra can be made on foot, in land cruisers, luxury AC buses and helicopters. The duration of the tour can be between 10 and 30 days.
Purpose of the yatra
The primary purpose of undertaking the yatra is to circumambulate Mount Kailash. This is called parikrama which is done by walking around the mountain in either clockwise or anti-clockwise direction. The journey around the mountain usually takes 3 days. Ponies or yaks are also available for people who cannot do it on foot. Taking a dip in the Mansarovar Lake at the foot of Mount Kailash is another important purpose of the yatra.
The kailash mansarovar yatra cost can be anything between Rs 1,50,000 and Rs 200,000 per person. Registration for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra 2017 by MEA is going on since February. This year the estimated cost of the yatra through the Lipu Lekh pass in Uttarakhand is Rs 1.6 lakhs while the estimated cost of the yatra through Nathu La pass in Sikkim is Rs 2 lakhs.